Sunday, January 8, 2017


The storm in my phone
was two minutes' net of rain
and a breeze in the fern trees in the court-box behind the museum stairs.
Art that still sun shines when I'm cloudily watching your every smile at every other:
those shapes colored in with alkyd
in the 60's: pink, periwinkle, a deeper pink, a deeper blue, a yellow.
Make lines with pencil, then cover them with tape.
Then paint.
What's the theme for this year?
The theme for this year is: love him anyway, find a way to love him even still.
Sigh. Is that the theme for this year too?
An alkyd's main advantage is the speed with which they dry
says the screen. I would like to wander through colors with you
and not compete for your eye. I would like to stand in the fog with
you and, oh just be honest, for you to choose me, kiss me, say, yes, you, let's do this.
Well. I would like to stand in the fog with you, on top of the dirt hill, the city is a toy
we could play with and we could do good things too, let's do this, somehow,
and everyone else will you please just stop telling me to "let go."


2 comments:

  1. "and a breeze in the fern trees in the court-box behind the museum stairs."

    ReplyDelete