Wednesday, January 11, 2017

death by cellphone

back in the days of Marty McFly and Everett Brown
a future was envisioned
where we'd all talk to each other on tv screens
and then the future slowly came
and  it seemed like that idea had tried and failed

but then suddenly there was facetime
and it's ruined everything
the kids talk to their friends in class
indignant when I ask them to step out of the room to finish their call
I didn't ask you to hang up the phone
I just asked you to leave if you're going to use it

the next thing I say is 
lost in screams of AAAHAANAHAHNAAANAANAAH!
so I turn and walk over to the phone
another disengaged student removed from class
don't forget your hoverboard when you go

here lies education parent and mentor of empathy, respect, and accountability
brutally murdered by the latest technology
R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment