Tuesday, January 10, 2017

poem #10

it's way past my bedtime but
I saw a play tonight
and it was like real life
moments so similar to my own experiences
with family
and a boyfriend who always wants to talk about his dreams
and people always asking about his age
and parents worrying about anything not worth worrying about
and my dad not understanding so much about my life
"why don't you move to the country?"
"what's so great about this shithole of a city?"
"i just want you to date a cowboy and live on a ranch"
and "how many horses will you give me for my daughter"
and "i voted for Trump" because "i hate Hillary more"
and I feel like we're not really living when we're together
it's more like we're going through the motions
and maybe sometimes that's okay with me

No comments:

Post a Comment